[Seaside] ShoreComponents/Scriptaculous incompatibility

Michel Bany michel.bany at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 15:29:10 UTC 2007

> I discovered a problem when using scriptaculous and
> shorecomponents in the same web application. I was
> not able to use the html updater after loading and
> using ShoreComponents. It depends on the order in
> which the libraries are added to the application.
> The conflicting libraries are SULibrary and
> ShoreStandardScripts. Loading ShoreStandardScripts
> first and then SULibrary the updater works. The other
> way round it doesn't.

Hi Norbert,

As a matter of fact, ShoreComponents modifies the Prototype library,
therefore ShoreStandardScripts
must be added **after** SULibrary. When you add ShoreStandardScripty
before SULibrary, you are simply
disabling a ShoreComponents feature (the progress spinner).

However ShoreComponents is assuming an old version of the Prototype
library and the modification breaks it.

I quickly hacked ShoreComponents-2.6-mb.45. You may want to try it.

Cheers,
Michel.