[Seaside] #call: #answer / sessions

Ramiro Diaz Trepat ramirodt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 18:15:36 UTC 2007

I have a couple of basic questions

1)
Is it OK to #call components that never #answer ?  For instance if you
have a page with a menu that #calls components for each of its menu
items, and the user may do this again before the component #answer.
I believe this is the case, for instance, on the Sushi Store, where a
user can be adding sushi to the cart and click on the Browse link on
the menu bar, which will #call the browsing component again, before
answering.
The question is: Will this generate a memory leak ?  Will all those
compoenents add up ? Or is this the proper way to do it?

I'm asking because I am developing my first real basic, but comertial
application in Seaside, and I have not cached up with it real well
yet.
I have a very simple page, with a header, a navigation bar and a main
area, very similar to the Sushi Store.  But I have a WAComponent for
each of those (header, navbar, etc.), placed an the page using divs.
The component of the navication bar, simply shows some options that
when clicked, #call the proper component to be displayed on the main
area.  What I have to do for the component to be displayed on the main
area is calling the #call method from the previous component that is
on the main area, otherwise this newly selected component will be
displayed on the navigation bar DIV.
Is this the proper way to build a basic web app that displays a
specific component for whatever is clicked on the navigation bar?

2)
When you develop a login process, like the one in Ramon's blog.  Where
is it proper to store the user that is logged on? Is this supposed to
be stored somewhere in the WASession?