[Seaside] #call: #answer / sessions

Bany, Michel mbany at cincom.com
Fri Jan 19 11:55:05 UTC 2007

Found at http://localhost:8080/seaside/faq (SeasideFAQ package)

Subclassing WASession

It is sometimes necessary to subclass WASession. Typical situations for subclassing WASession.

- Need to clean-up external resources when Seaside session expires (reimplement #unregistered)
- Need to attach some data to the Seaside session using additional instance variables
- Need to include additional behavior, statistics, monitoring (reimplement #responseForRequest:)

Seaside applications are assigned their session class using the "config" application ("Session Class" field).
It can also be set programmatically

    app preferenceAt: #sessionClass put: MySession