[Seaside] Is your code for your Seaside web-app using concise methods?

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Wed Jan 24 15:38:35 UTC 2007

Philippe Marschall wrote:
> 2007/1/24, Rick Flower <rickf at ca-flower.com>:
>> I've been working on a web-app with Seaside/Glorp for a while now
>> (although it's been on hold since November when I last worked on it) and
>> find that some of my administrative classes are getting a bit larger
>> than I really want.. I can certainly refactor the code to collect each
>> functional-area of the admin interface into its own class, but am
>> curious about whether others out there with Seaside apps have most or
>> almost all of your classes with methods containing <10 lines of code
>> (give or take)?   Some of my admin methods have >20-30+ lines of code --
>> many of which are laying out forms or handling callbacks..  In those
>> cases, I don't think there's much that can be done  -- correct?
> There is. Don't do the forms yourself, instead generate them with
> something like Magritte.
I had looked into using Magritte, but at the time (6-9 months ago) it
wasn't yet ported to
VW which is what I'm using..

> And as brutal as this sounds now: use proper CSS and hire a web
> designer. No more inline styles, no more consecutive breaks.
Actually, I've got 99% of my styles in style methods or in plain old CSS
but do have some spotty forced styles in various places that seemed
easier at
the time instead of coming up with a new item for the css file that may
or may
not be used elsewhere in my code.