[Seaside] RE: Having one problem with WACounter tutorial

snoobab kicker snoobabk at yahoo.ie
Sat Jan 27 08:25:03 UTC 2007

Ryan,

You are using the WARenderCanvas to build the html
which has different characteristics to WAHtmlRenderer,
which is the renderer which supports the
submitButtonWithAction:text: message.

To modify your code to use the WAHtmlRenderer class
simply add or modify your classes >>rendererClass
method to answer WAHtmlRenderer.
e.g.
rendererClass
	^ WAHtmlRenderer

My image is squeak-dev-72-2.image

When I'm trying to change the links in the counter to
buttons (as
specified in the tutorial), I get this error:

MessageNotUnderstood:
WARenderCanvas>>submitButtonWithAction:text:

Here's the code cut and pasted from the tutorial:

renderContentOn: html
    html form:  [
       html heading: count.
       html submitButtonWithAction: [self increase]
text: '++'.
       html space.
       html submitButtonWithAction: [self decrease]
text: '--'
     ].

Can anyone tell me what I am missing?
--