[Seaside] Updateable permanent links

Jens Pall jens at axonspace.com
Sun Jan 28 18:44:46 UTC 2007

Hi

How can I implement permanent links in Seaside, meaning that if I update
the content the URL points to, the URL does not change and still
downloads the new content? I want to use this for file uploads and need
to be able to pass the link around and having it work even if the file
is updated later. Basically, I just want plain old web server
functionality in this case.

The problem I'm facing in Seaside is that when I upload new content it
gets a new path (_s) since I don't know how to tell Seaside to keep the
old URL.

Pointing to an external file on the OS filesystem is not a solution
since I want to store everything in Magma.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
JP