[Seaside] Updateable permanent links

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Mon Jan 29 16:05:31 UTC 2007

URLs in Seaside mean whatever you want them to mean.  If you want
/someApp/someFileName.txt to link to a file in Magma, then simply look at
the url in your component's init

initialize
  self loadFile: self session currentRequest url
  self session expire.

Grab the file name, look it up in magma via your object model, and return
it.  If you want those permanent URLs to be sessionless, just expire the
session on the way out.  There may have been a project on Squeak map to add
long lived URLs to Seaside, but I forget what it was called, in any case,
this is simple to do yourself.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com