[Seaside] Button w/ liveCallback for Canvas API?

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Mon Jan 29 16:50:18 UTC 2007

Bany, Michel wrote:
> In any event, I just published a new version of SeasideAsync that
> provides live callbacks on submit buttons.
>
> html submitButton
> 	callback: [3 zork "not evaluated"];
> 	onClick: ' ... this javascript is executed ...';
> 	liveCallback: [:r | ... ];
> 	onClick: ' ... too late, this javascript is not executed ...';
> 	text: 'Push me'.
>
> If you decide to use it. I'll be happy to fix any remaining bug(s).

Cool.. I will give it a try.. Thanks much!  I'll let you know how it
works regardless.

> Since I have customers using SeasideAsync, this thing has to work.
> However, in the long term, it may be easier to re-implement SeasideAsync
> as a compatibility layer on top of Scriptaculous.

Sounds good.. As long as I don't have to reimplement everything that
would be great.. However,
the calling structure isn't too far from each other for the most part,
so perhaps moving between Async
and Scriptaculous isn't that bad.. (not that I've tried)..

Thanks again..

-- Rick