[Seaside] updating the contents of a div as a side effect of aliveCallback..

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Wed Jan 31 21:16:06 UTC 2007

Ramon Leon wrote:
  [ ... ]
> I'd help you out, but frankly I don't use SeasideAsync, I think
> Scriptaculous is a much better and more composeable framework for doing this
> sort of thing.  IMHO using SeasideAsync is like using the old renderer, a no
> no.  You should consider switching.

Ok Ramon..  You're begging my next question.. What sort of stuff should
need to be changed IF I switched?  I'm assuming at least the following :

1) #rendererClass currently returns ^Seaside.WAAsyncRenderCanvas
    but I gather it should be WARenderCanvas for Scriptaculous?

2) Base component should be WAComponent instead of the Async version
    (WAAsyncComponent)

3) Change instances of html blah ... liveCallback: [] to something using
    onClick:[] instead?  I gather I need to specify a "control & model
    for each item -- not sure what those do exactly yet..

Did I miss anything? If I did switch now it would be fairly trivial
assuming the Scriptaculous stuff has something like the liveCallbacks.

So, IF I switched, how *could* I update a div within the current page
when a particular event is triggered?

Thanks!