[Seaside] How to Implement a Website

Richard Eng richard.eng at rogers.com
Mon Jul 2 00:28:56 UTC 2007

Okay, as a Seaside/Squeak newbie, please forgive my stupid questions...

How do I embed or redirect to a Seaside app from within static html content?
I tried to find Boris' blog post concerning this but I was unsuccessful.

I looked at "Best way to embedding Seaside in static HTML?" but the iframe
technique seems problematic. The rest of the thread is over my head.

Is there not a "best practice" recommendation for how to mix static html and
Seaside components together? This would seem to me to be a common (the most
common!) way to develop a website. As I understand it, you want static html
to be served up by Apache for performance reasons, and Seaside for the
actual application (business logic).

And you want the Seaside app embedded within the static html content so that
you have a consistent look and feel for the entire website. This has to be
the canonical architecture for a website/web app, doesn't it?

Thanks.

Regards,
Richard