[Seaside] How to Implement a Website

Boris Popov boris at deepcovelabs.com
Mon Jul 2 01:43:12 UTC 2007

First rule of seaside club is to never optimize prematurely. Second rule of seaside club is to never optimize prematurely. In all seriousness one can already serve all resources with a plain web server, just dump them to disk when deploying and change resource URL on your root component to that location. Works great and let's you develop without apache, manage all files in source control system of choice etc.

Bookmarkable URLs are also possible, but its hard to get into much detail on a small keyboard, but there was plenty of talk on the list about it just a little while ago.

What I'm hinting at is this. Try to implement what you want in seaside and then check if you need to go the static route or not. Chances are you'll save yourself a lot of work :)

Cheers!

-Boris
(Sent from a BlackBerry)