[Seaside] How to Implement a Website

Cédrick Béler cbeler at enit.fr
Mon Jul 2 09:05:06 UTC 2007

Hi,

cool stuff :)

Just tried it on seasidehosting...  first display is ok but hitting
links doesn't refresh...

http://cdrick.seasidehosting.st/resources/seaside.html
http://cdrick.seasidehosting.st/resources/seasidemulti.html

first Get is ok, but then when hitting links, it appends _k and _s to
seaside.html instead of seaside/examples/counter (I think)...

GET http://cdrick.seasidehosting.st/seaside/examples/counter
(77ms)prototype.js (line 1044)
GET
http://cdrick.seasidehosting.st/resources/seaside.html?_k=DKyPjZxx&_s=ZHJrwnwfWIgbMwzl&1
(43ms)
GET
http://cdrick.seasidehosting.st/resources/seaside.html?_k=DKyPjZxx&_s=ZHJrwnwfWIgbMwzl&1
(42ms)

Have I something wrong ?

Thanks

Cédrick

> Nice idea.
>
> Attached you find a ZIP Archive that embeds a Seaside application into
> a static HTML site. For now it only handles links. Whenever a link is
> clicked it triggers a XmlHttpRequest in the background. If anybody
> wants to use form elements, this has to be implemented first.
> Obviously, Ajax stuff should be avoided in the application.
>
> Cheers,
> Lukas
>
> PS: If you want to try the attached code you need to make sure that
> you serve static HTML and the Seaside application from the same
> server, in my case I have the static files at
> http://localhost/resources/seaside.html and the Seaside application is
> served from http://localhost/seaside/examples/counter. This is
> necessary because of security restrictions in Web Browsers.

Hi,