[Seaside] Never ending poll when rendering periodical

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 17:08:24 UTC 2007

> > I don't see why you use a decay, because the HTML always changes when
> > you are rendering a link or form element. A decay of 1000 doesn't make
> > much sense, that's far too big. Reasonable values are something
> > between 1 and 2.
> >
> I use a decay to stop polling when the server side processing is done: while
> the process is being executed different hidden inputs are rendered, thus a
> different response is sent, after the process is done, the hidden inputs are
> no longer set and the response starts to be the same. With this mechanism
> and a high decay value the poll is stopped.
> This was posted by Ramon Leon here:
> http://www.nabble.com/Ajax-live-updates-tf1922480.html#a5263907
> http://www.nabble.com/Displaying-progress-on-a-web-page-tf2115321.html#a5853986

Ok, I didn't understand this trick. I would rather stop the polling as
I showed in my previous post, that cleans up all the resources and
will really stop the whole thing.

> I still don´t know why when rendering some stuff the poll stops and when
> rendering other it goes on and on..

Your HTML changes with every request. The names of the form elements
you render change with every render pass.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch