[Seaside] change element property client side

Leandro Pérez lperez at lifia.info.unlp.edu.ar
Wed Jul 4 17:44:02 UTC 2007

Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> I'm a little bit confused, i guess what you're doing in this example is
>> change the css class of an element and thus, changing its style.
>> But what i need to do is to change an element's inherent property such as
>> src of img, or href in an anchor, i.e. a non-css property..
>> My knowledge about html and css is limited, perhaps the kind of
>> properties
>> i'm trying to change can be changed with css...??
>
> Yes, the image can be set and changed using a CSS class and the
> background-image property.

Ok

Lukas Renggli wrote:

> In the latest version of Scriptaculous you can write:
>
>    html anchor
>        onClick: (html element
>            id: 'otherAnchor';
>            access: 'href';
>            assign: 'http://www.seaside.st')
>
>>From the commit log:
>
>    Name: Scriptaculous-lr.204
>    Author: lr
>    Time: 4 July 2007, 7:49:17 am
>    UUID: b57f0d1e-9ccd-4e02-840b-5a1a6f4423c8
>    Ancestors: Scriptaculous-lr.203
>
>    - added #assign: and tests

I'm afraid I don't know how to update my scriptaculous version to
Scriptaculous-lr.204.
I'm using Scriptaculous-lr.188, the version that comes with the package
available at cincom public repository. I can't find the version you name in
the public repository

How can I load the latest version of scriptaculous??

I'm using:
VisualWorks® NonCommercial, 7.5
Seaside 2.7b1.1.0,mbany
SeasideScriptaculous 2.7b1.188.0,mbany