[Seaside] [Bug][2.8] WAUserConfiguration-#initialize migration problems

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 06:07:13 UTC 2007

2007/7/4, Keith Hodges <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk>:
> Philippe Marschall wrote:
> > 2007/7/4, Keith Hodges <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk>:
> >> In loading Seaside 2.8 into an image which has 2.7 in it, the
> >> WAUserConfiguration-#initialize method is copying over values for its
> >> ancestors which are references to ObsoleteClasses.

> > cause problems beause we dropped a lot of overrides. In the worst case
> > you break your image unrecoverably.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Philippe
> This should only be a problem if a method extension that overrides a
> native implementation is not correctly categorized as an -override in
> the old package being updated, in this case I was upgrading from 2.7 and
> I had already fixed this to be the case 2.7 (220/224 ish)

This can happen with a non-native override in Parser (yes, sad but
true). No official Monticello version so far did handle overrides
which is probably one of the reasons why many are not correctly
categorized as -override. An other might be that at the time they have
been done, they were not overrides (Squeak 3.7). We had also to remove
overrides for kernel image support.

Cheers
Philippe