[Seaside] How to stop periodical, end a polling mechanism... again

Leandro Pérez lperez at lifia.info.unlp.edu.ar
Thu Jul 5 16:09:12 UTC 2007

Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Have a look at the response you get in FireBug. There is no Javascript
> included. You need to somehow add it to the response, for example by
> writing:

Lukas the response i get has, as you said, no javascript included. It's too
long to be included here..

Lukas Renggli wrote:

> You need to somehow add it to the response, for example by
> writing:
>      r script: (r periodical alias: 'periodical'; call: 'stop')
>
> Also note that if you are on an old version of Scriptaculous scripts
> of AJAX requests are not evaluated automatically. This means that you
> maybe have to set  #evalScripts: to true on the outer updater.
>
> Lukas

as for this,
I've already tried it rendering the same you wrote, and setting
#evalScripts: to true. The response contains javascript but still does not
work:
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><html
xml:lang="en" xmlns="http://www.w3.org

charset=utf-8" http-equiv

="Content-Type" /></head><body><script
type="text/javascript">/*<![CDATA[*/periodical.stop()/*]]>*/</script

nothing happens, the periodical doesn't stop.
I've also tried to do some more weird stuff, like rendering a hidden div
with a onLoad javascript event
that stops the periodical...
and again nothing happens..
It's so frustrating!!