[Seaside] [VW] 2.8a1.390 Missing Dialog classes

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 21:15:26 UTC 2007

2007/7/7, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com>:
> > WAChangePassword
> > WAEditDialog
> > WAEmailConfirmation
> > WAGridDialog
> > WALoginDialog
> > WANoteDialog
>
> We asked in the mailing list some time ago if anybody cares about
> these dialogs. Since nobody replied we dropped them. Some of them were
> even broken. Personally I don't know of any application that uses
> these dialogs. If people want such things a separate widget/dialog
> library would be a good thing. We would like to keep the noise ratio
> of Seaside as low as possible.

I created a SqS project with their latest versions:
http://www.squeaksource.com/dialogs.html
I do not maintain them, if they have bugs or don't work, I don't care.
But I will make anybody admin or dev who is interested in them.

Honestly I think it would be the best way if Sushi Store became a SqS
project of it's own. It doesn't really serve a purpose, there are
smaller, easier examples who explain the concepts. It is not well
maintained. It isn't really a good example of a Seaside application
anymore. It adds a lot of stuff that would otherwise not be needed.
WAStoreMasterCard anyone?

Philippe