[Seaside] [VW] 2.8 updated on public store

Michel Bany michel.bany at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 07:39:17 UTC 2007

On 09 Jul 2007, at 23:18 , Philippe Marschall wrote:

> Do these versions already contain #encodeOn: for Text and Symbol?

Oops. They didn't, now they do. Thanks for reminding me.

As a matter of fact I added #encodeOn: to CharacterArray which is the
superclass common to Symbol and Text.

While at it I also added #renderOn: to CharacterArray.

The only affected package is Seaside/VW Support (2.8a1.399.1,mbany)

To obtain these two methods, do either of the following
- Rebuild by reloading SeasideForWebToolkit or SeasideForSwazoo
- Load bundle Seaside-VW (2.8a1.399.1,mbany)
- Load package Seaside/VW Support (2.8a1.399.1,mbany)

Notes.   The implementations of #encodeOn: and #renderOn:  are
identical to their implementations in String, therefore it would be
possible to exclude these two String methods from the VW port,
since String is also a subclass of CharacterArray in VW. In theory.

Enjoy,
Michel.