[Seaside] Moving to 2.8

Avi Bryant avi at dabbledb.com
Tue Jul 10 17:10:29 UTC 2007

On 7/10/07, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now the session cookies have been separated into WACookieSession and
> don't pollute the generic session class anymore, however I don't know
> if that was a good idea.

I suspect it's not - it's nice to be able to switch back and forth
easily between using cookies for sessions and using URL params
(roughly speaking, I prefer cookies for deployment and URL params for
dev).

Apart from session keys, the other "legitimate" use of cookies IMO is
for the "remember me" boxes on login screens that let the user bypass
the login for the next 2 weeks or whatever.  It wouldn't be a bad idea
to have some standard support in Seaside for this, I think.

Avi