[Seaside] [ANN] new Seaside homepage

Martial Boniou martial.boniou at ifrance.com
Wed Jul 11 09:28:44 UTC 2007

Nice work. It's a good ad for pier cms too. It seems that the header
should be nicer if it was textured; the white is a bit large.

Is there a vector/SVG/AI/flash logo of Seaside. I'll be glad to have a
resizeable logo (and a extra-small version like the 'get firefox'
buttons (20px*80px)).

Finally I have two remarks.
- I don't like to much the resized image in the box (screenshot section)
when you have small screens (as I have now). It's nothing but a generic
issue with this box in seaside. Is there another javascript lightbox
solution?
- Is the 'manage' section useful to display? I use Pier too and what I
did for my personal website is to add a special 'hidden' page for
administration in dispatcher pointing to the same PRKernel instance but
displaying the 'manage' section (using a configuration new variable to
say whether the 'manage' section are displayed or not). So when the user
access to seaside via:

seaside.st = it displays the page without 'manage'

And when he writes:

seaside.st/secretadminpageentry = it goes with the login section and all
the admin things.

It's just suggestion. It's a very nice work. It's far better than the
old pages. I hope squeak.org/squeakfoundation sites will benefit this
kind of new design one day.

About the demos, I'm thinking it would be nice to see an halo demo with
a *secure* inspector and read-only wabrowser displaying the only
concerned categories. Just a brainstorming!

--
Martial