[Seaside] [ANN] new Seaside homepage

Avi Bryant avi at dabbledb.com
Thu Jul 12 19:33:37 UTC 2007

On 7/12/07, Richard Eng <richard.eng at rogers.com> wrote:

>  I find the word "heretic" in "The heretic web framework" a bit off-putting.
> The word has a bad connotation. Better alternatives would be "iconoclast" or
> "renegade".

I don't think the connotations are that bad, unless you're catholic.
According to the OED, heresy is "an opinion or doctrine ... at
variance with those generally accepted as authoritative."  Which
describes Seaside perfectly.

There's already a fair amount of branding around Seaside as "the
heretical web framework" because of talks I've given at O'Reilly
conferences.  So, now that I think of it, having a slogan around
heresy seems like a great idea.  Anyone have any ideas?

Avi