[Seaside] [ANN] new Seaside homepage

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Fri Jul 13 14:20:24 UTC 2007

> > And why we should justify and explicit suggestion to go
> against Ruby
> > technology?
>
> No doubt there are other ways to fry this egg, but this is a
> valid marketing idea, to try and stake out a position in the
> prospect's mind.  However since Rails is the counter culture,
> I wonder if we wouldn't be scrambling for too small a niche
> if we position Seaside as the counter counter culture.  On
> the other hand this could work really well later if Rails
> becomes the orthodox choice for web development (or is it
> already so?).
>
> -Carl Gundel
> http://www.runbasic.com

Ofcourse is valid. Is also kind of agresive. And I don't see agresivity
is/should related to the *Seaside experience* wich is the slogan prupose.

And note that I think this idea is also useful to be for instance in a
promotional article in the site blog to encourage rubiers (just a segment)
to give it a try. The shake effect should be contextualized by the article
text so agresivity will be guaranteed to be neutralized, this is: not to be
misinterpreted and read like that was used as a friendly instigation (which
is only aparently contradictive) to wake up interest to something different
and better (which the article should plenty clarify).

	cheers,

Sebastian