[Seaside] [ANN] new Seaside homepage

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Fri Jul 13 15:54:11 UTC 2007

Less negative to whom?  To a manager deciding whether to allow it or not,
I'd think that slogan does more harm than good.

When I first started using Seaside, there was a "what the fuck" reaction.

Then came pain, as I realized all the crap I used to do felt hard.

Then came the "Aha!", as I realized I didn't need to do all that crap
anymore.

Then came the "Ahhhhhhhhhh......" as I settled down and realized what a
pleasure it write applications with real components, that were actually
composeable, in a framework that unlike all the rest, was truly object
oriented.  Object oriented in the Smalltalk sense, the only language that
actually knows what Object Oriented really means.  For the most part, that
meant no more cookies, no more query strings, no more templates, and no more
pages, just components calling components.

Then I quit my corporate job and moved to a smaller company for less pay
that would allow me to use the technology of my choosing rather than force
me to work with established tools.  Best decision I've ever made, I've never
been happier with work.

Seaside isn't a renegade web framework, it's a Zen web framework for those
tired of the suffering imposed upon us by standard web development.  Seaside
is enlightenment come to the web.

Seaside is to manual state management what garbage collectors were to manual
memory management.  Many scream foul, others scream about scalability or
speed, but history repeats itself, and just as before, automation and ease
of use are king, and computers keep getting faster.  Those who don't get on
board will simply be displaced by those who do.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com