[Seaside] How to start a periodical as a consequence of an evaluator's callback

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 15:28:26 UTC 2007

> html submitButton
>         onClick: (html evaluator callback:[:script |
>                         self doSomething.
>                         "Here a periodical must be started"]);
>         text:'Do something'.
>
> I don´t know how to do that, any ideas??

What about?

    html submitButton
        onClick: (html evaluator callback: [ :script |
             self doSomething.
             script add: (html periodical
                  id: 'foo';
                  callback: [ :r | ... ]) ]);
        text: 'foo'

The way the periodical updater is instantiated is a bit ugly right
now. A long time ago I started to write a factory object that would
allow you to instantiate any Scriptaculous objects from any context,
however I never really found the time to finish it even there is not
much missing. I have to take another look at this ...

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli