[Seaside] [ANN] Sandcastle

Torsten Bergmann astares at gmx.de
Mon Jul 16 21:21:34 UTC 2007

Hi,

since the latest discussion on Seaside showed that we should make
the overall experience to work with the framework a little bit
easier and help newbies with tutorials, docu and examples. I think
this is the main problem compared to RoR.

Therefore I started a small project called "Sandcastle":

It provides a small GUI to start the local Comanche web server
and open the sandcastle page as well as the "config" application
right from within Squeak. At this time only a single development
utility is included ("SCLayoutDecoration" - a nice helper decoration
for CSS layouting) and some references to useful cheatsheets and the
standard tutorial page.

I commited "Sandcastle-tbn.8.mcz" to http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside/ as a first rough concept. Feel free to help and add your seaside tutorial,
example, utility, ...

First load Comanche, the latest Seaside version and the
external browser package (http://www.squeaksource.com/ExternalWebBrowser)

(WAKomEncoded and local port is in this version hardcoded, but we can change this easily later in the small Morphic UI)

Have fun
Torsten