[Seaside] [ANN] new Seaside homepage

Martial Boniou Martial.Boniou at ifrance.com
Tue Jul 17 12:10:08 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Yesterday I thought a little about everything that could make a more
efficient message/slogan for the seaside website (awaiting the ad: "Seen
On TV")...

It's just my 2 cents and I am not a native english speaker. Part of
feelings, part of knowledge, I made a light pdf on a web reposit showing
my instant ideas about two slogans (excuse me for the bad presentation,
I did this quickly):

http://hondana.net/Resources/Texts/Printables/ST/seaside.pdf

Have a look at this! I hope my english is quite correct. It's pure
brainstorm according the previous thoughts of Cédrick, Ramon and
Sébastien...

My final slogan for Seaside is:
"Free your mind... Give your web a conscience!"

I think it's not too bad idea. How does that grab you?
"Free your mind": with the easy development tools with a high level
abstraction, I free my mind of javascript, htmtl, xml... and I just
build a web site with components. With this reusability, I can start
from low level parts or high end tools like Pier; I can build it like
my child using Lego pieces.
"Give your web a concscience!": not only because of the living aspect of
smalltalk, the seaside web architecture got a kind of conscience, every
link is dynamically created and maintained by the server which records
states of sessions like myself, I remember what I said before to give
my thoughts a consistency. With Seaside, it's the WWW of Frankenstein (more
Edward scissorhands indeed...).

I like the idea of a contest between the seaside users.

Regards,

--
Martial