[Seaside] another reason Rails gets market share andSeasidedoesn't

Richard Eng richard.eng at rogers.com
Wed Jul 18 16:59:27 UTC 2007

Seaside may not be for beginners, but that does not mean you shouldn't try
to lower the entry barrier or minimize the learning curve. Even experienced
developers may have a hard time if they come from a Java or C background.
Not everyone in the world is an object-oriented guru.

Seaside should not take an "elitist" position (an undesirable word I pointed
out in the "new Seaside homepage" thread). It should be accessible to the
broadest web development community. It should share the same aspirations as
Ruby on Rails, which is trying vigorously to conquer the world (and
apparently making huge progress!).

Richard