[Seaside] another reason Rails gets market share andSeasidedoesn't

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Wed Jul 18 20:30:45 UTC 2007

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:21:02 -0700, Richard Eng <richard.eng at rogers.com>
wrote:

> With all due respect (and I *do* respect you enormously!), Smalltalk is a
> great language with which to learn OOP. I was briefly introduced to C#
> and I didn't like it. Smalltalk is so much more elegant. You shouldn't
> have to be an OOP expert before using Smalltalk.

C# was virtually intuitive to me as someone who has used Delphi for years.
It's really ugly.

The incredible complexity that having a static typing system introduces to
a language--well, these days I don't see that there's much benefit to it.

If I didn't make it clear before, I agree that "accessible <> dumbed down".