[Seaside] Jetsam

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 19 10:48:19 UTC 2007

I have started an as yet empty project on squeaksource called "Jetsam" !

=====
jetsam |ˈjetsəm| noun

unwanted material or goods that have been thrown overboard from a ship
and washed ashore, esp. material that has been discarded to lighten the
vessel. Compare with flotsam . ORIGIN late 16th cent.(as jetson):
contraction of jettison.
=====

The first item in Jetsam will be a place for base seaside extensions, we
will have to manage base extensions separately for 2.7 and 2.8 etc.

First Base Extensions:

	* WAConfiguration-hasGroupNamed:

	* Enable WAFileLibraries to be named other than the class name

	* Enable WAFileLibraries etc to decide who to delegate
	  serving the content. (Its hard wired at the moment)

My first contribution will be a WAFileBackedLibrary. The point being
that this works together with in-image seaside file serving. The goal
here is to have in image defaults, and in file customizations.

It is also possible to configure WAKom and Swazoo to serve static files,
thats great too!

Any other contributions would be very welcome.

Another aim is to collate and integrate the pieces that can be assembled
into more comprehensive solutions via other means such as squeak-web
development image.

best regards

Keith