[Seaside] Re: What's the (technical) purpose of adding t/seaside/ to the path

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 12:35:39 UTC 2007

2007/7/20, Michael Lucas-Smith <mlucas-smith at cincom.com>:

> >> You mean besides updating all the tutorials ever written and all the
> >> server configurations?
> >>
> > ... Right. Besides the Sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public
> > order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, public health, what
> > has the /seaside/ url path part ever done for us?
> >
> More seriously though - if the answer is to stick apache in front and
> write rewrite rules - surely you can see that's a bit of a barrier to
> deployment. Especially when you can just set the root to be '' and move
> along. It may as well start like that.

Kinda depends who is your target. For anything serious or commercial
is setting up and Apache a really an issue? Srsly?

The more serious deployment barrier I see is how do you deploy static
resources like images and pictures? How do you manage dependencies?
How do you continuously integrate?

Philippe