[Seaside] Re: What's the (technical) purpose of adding t/seaside/ to the path

Jason Johnson jbjohns at libsource.com
Fri Jul 20 13:50:03 UTC 2007

Michael Lucas-Smith wrote:

>> But the thing is, they will probably want *something*, and as soon as
>> you want that you are talking about configuration.  But again, I
>> point back to the fact that if you are deploying then someone has to
>> know how to deploy with your chosen web server, whether that be
>> Apache, Webtoolkit, Commanche, whatever.  And knowing how to rewrite
>> URLs is part of knowing your deployment.
> That's a fair argument. I still think you'll turn away some pedants by
> having the URL there in the default image, but it is a nice advert.
> I'll just note it as something to be document for VisualWorks.
>
> Michael

Does Swazoo run on all platforms?  If so, then maybe the plan should
just be to create all the tutorials to work with Swazoo and basically
adopt it as the platform of choice for Seaside.  It seems like everyone
has expectations that the "Seaside Solution" contain a web server [1]
anyway, so this might be the approach of least pain. :)

[1] And this is, of course, reasonable.  I had just thought that it was
also reasonable to say that Seaside is a "module" to your web server of
choice and you will need to consult your servers documentation on how to
set it up.  How does Rails handle this?