[Seaside] Re: What's the (technical) purpose of adding t/seaside/ to the path

Jason Johnson jbjohns at libsource.com
Fri Jul 20 15:17:15 UTC 2007

Janko Mivšek wrote:
> Swazoo currently runs on Squeak, VW, Dolphin and it will soon on ST/X.
> It could soon also on VA Smalltalk (Sport port is on the way). Is
> there any more dialect to port Swazoo on?
>
> It is also a goal of forthcoming Swazoo 2.0 to be as same as possible
> on all supported dialects and for sure on API level.
>
> Swazoo is therefore definitively a right choice for all portable web
> frameworks.
>
> Best regards
> Janko

Cool.  Can it do all the things Commache can?  I come from an Apache
background, so the aliasing, installing modules to handle parts of the
URL and add functionality, etc. make sense to me.  How does Swazoo
handle things like this [1]?  When you announced it before I went and
tried to figure it out from the documentation, but I wasn't able to find
out.

Thanks,
Jason

[1]  Some use cases:

I want to install Seaside at the location: /seaside, and another
framework at the location  /notseaside
I want / to refer to a specific directory I specify and serve the files
there and all subdirectories of it, except /myapp which should be
forwarded to my Pier site (note: if there was a directory myapp under my
specific directory it can't be accessed from the web server anymore
since Pier is there)
I want / to refer to a specific directory on my server, but /images
should be an alias that actually internally forwards to
http://some.server.com/resources/images
I want to write a module (if the functionality isn't there already) to
allow me to password protect some links under my site