[Seaside] (no subject)

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 21:10:25 UTC 2007

2007/7/21, Maarten MOSTERT <maarten.mostert at wanadoo.fr>:
> Hi,
> I am trying to add a download button to my application to serve a 20MB application file.

The best way is to configure your webserver to serve files of this
size. Ideally something like Apache or lighty that supports streaming,
ideally sendfile. Your Squeak webserver might or might not be up to
the job.

> I don't manage figure out how to make button that triggers a download dialog ?

Buttons are not really well suited for this, anchors work way better.
What probably is the most reliable thing is:

renderContentOn: html
	html form
		with: [
			html submitButton
				callback: [ self session redirectTo: 'http://url.to/my.file ];
				text: 'download' ]

> I also wonder if MyFileLibrary is the right way to do so ?

No, don't even think about it.

Cheers
Philippe