[Seaside] WAUrlTest>>testFragment

Michael Lucas-Smith mlucas-smith at cincom.com
Tue Jul 24 05:20:39 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm currently using 2.8a1-pmm.411 and #testFragment fails in both Squeak
and VisualWorks. Has anyone fixed this in a newer version?

On the subject of tests - there's some weirdism with the test
#testCompileByteArraySource. In VW, it goes down a path of
#compileUseNewCompiler as the default is ^true.. this won't output a
'cache' variable and therefore the source doesn't match up. The test
assumes that the compileUseNewCompiler is false but has no way to ensure
that.

It gets weirder, since the non-useNewCompiler path goes in to a method
that says "Should never come here" - this may be Michel's VW
implementation here, but it will also not match up because it outputs
xxxCache and not cache as the temporary variable.

I guess I'm okay with it going through the non-caching path, etc, but
I'm curious as to what people think could/should be done with the test -
since I'd much rather have all the tests passing in both Squeak and
VisualWorks.

Cheers,
Michael