[Seaside] WAUrlTest>>testFragment

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 07:34:55 UTC 2007

2007/7/24, Michael Lucas-Smith <mlucas-smith at cincom.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently using 2.8a1-pmm.411 and #testFragment fails in both Squeak
> and VisualWorks. Has anyone fixed this in a newer version?
>
> On the subject of tests - there's some weirdism with the test
> #testCompileByteArraySource. In VW, it goes down a path of
> #compileUseNewCompiler as the default is ^true.. this won't output a
> 'cache' variable and therefore the source doesn't match up. The test
> assumes that the compileUseNewCompiler is false but has no way to ensure
> that.

That's true. The test is broken, it tests platform specific stuff.
I'll recategorize it and make it work with new compiler.

> It gets weirder, since the non-useNewCompiler path goes in to a method
> that says "Should never come here" - this may be Michel's VW
> implementation here,

quite surely

> but it will also not match up because it outputs
> xxxCache and not cache as the temporary variable.

Probably the VW version hasn't been updated. I prefer xxxCache because
caching it's an ugly hack, this marks it as such and avoids shadowing
problems with instance variables. VW doesn't need this ugly hack since
it has bytearray literals. A wrote a transformation tool based on RB
that would transform methods to use bytearray literals. This could be
automatically done on exporting to VW but there was no interest in
this so far.

Cheers
Philippe