[Seaside] WAUrlTest>>testFragment

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 17:21:40 UTC 2007

2007/7/24, Michael Lucas-Smith <mlucas-smith at cincom.com>:
> Philippe Marschall wrote:
> > 2007/7/24, Michael Lucas-Smith <mlucas-smith at cincom.com>:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm currently using 2.8a1-pmm.411 and #testFragment fails in both Squeak
> >> and VisualWorks. Has anyone fixed this in a newer version?
> >>
> >> On the subject of tests - there's some weirdism with the test
> >> #testCompileByteArraySource. In VW, it goes down a path of
> >> #compileUseNewCompiler as the default is ^true.. this won't output a
> >> 'cache' variable and therefore the source doesn't match up. The test
> >> assumes that the compileUseNewCompiler is false but has no way to ensure
> >> that.
> >
> > That's true. The test is broken, it tests platform specific stuff.
> > I'll recategorize it and make it work with new compiler.
> >
> Which category? *seaside2-squeak ?

Seaside-Platform. I created SeasidePlatformSupport that tests for all
this this compilation related stuff. It has souce tests for new and
old compiler and sets the values. The test for the new compiler is
only run if the new compiler is present.  I'm not sure if its not
better to throw a failure instead because in this case we can't be
sure the test would succeed. Also categorization is tested, this was
broken in Squeak 3.8. SeasidePlatformSupport access Preferences now
only through the accesssor #useByteArrayLiterals.

So now dialects can implement SeasiePlatformSupport >>
#asMethodReturningByteArray:named: how they see fit.

Cheers Philippe