[Seaside] VisualWorks + WebServers

Boris Popov boris at deepcovelabs.com
Wed Jul 25 19:44:22 UTC 2007

Not quite sure if I'm reading you correctly. Basically you can take one
large page, render it with Content-Length and send it to the browser.
Or, you could get your hands on a stream and start writing to it, which
would in turn start sending chunks of size X to the browser as they are
filling up. Then when you're done with the page, last chunk of size 0
gets sent and browser knows it's the end of it. The key here is that
browser can start working on processing chunks as they arrive before
later parts of the page even finish rendering on the server.

Hope this helps,

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322