[Seaside] Page Rendering Speed

Richard Eng richard.eng at rogers.com
Wed Jul 25 21:04:09 UTC 2007

I have a question regarding page rendering speed...

My preliminary web app is shaping up quite nicely. However, there seems to
be a quirk regarding performance (rendering speed) in various browsers. For
example, in IE7 under Vista, every time the page refreshes (or you go to
another page), the screen flashes momentarily.

Ditto for Safari under both Vista and OS X.

However, Firefox and Opera perform admirably (Firefox under Vista, OS X, and
Linux).

This is puzzling. After all, the only thing that Seaside is doing is
generate a bunch of HTML that¹s downloaded to the client (browser). How is
this different from serving up ³static² HTML pages???

The issue is definitely related to Seaside because IE7 and Safari do not
flash on static websites. Does anyone have any idea what¹s going on?

Thanks.

Regards,
Richard