[Seaside] Magritte MANumberDescription and ScaledDecimal numbers

GMailAccount tlwilkinsonyyc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 19:15:02 UTC 2007

I'm having a little trouble with MANumberDescription, because it keeps
internalizing the numbers as ScaledDecimals, and for whatever reason,
ScaledDecimals print out like this:

0.05s2  0.0s1   15s0
0.05s2  0.07s2  44.0s1

etc.

This is really going to boggle the users minds, and I know I'll get
asked
weekly: 'What are the S's for on those numbers?'.

So ideally, I'd like MANumberDescription to treat the numbers as Floats.
Alternatively can the rendering methods for MANumberDescription can be
overridden, to preform the necessary display conversion
automatically? Or is it
best to directly modify the ScaledDecimal class to print the way I'd
like?

Cheers,
Warren Wilkinson