[Seaside] [ANN] Swazoo web server 2.0 beta2 released
janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Thu Jul 26 19:53:55 UTC 2007
I just published Swazoo 2.0 beta2 for Squeak and VisualWorks. What is
new since first beta?
1. Input streaming of post data in requests, very handy for large file
2. Optimizations of HTTP responding, especially for large files.
What is planned until final release?
1. Output streaming, that is responding in chunked format, which doesn't
need a content length in advance. This is needed for downloading large
files (streaming file content directly to a TCP socket) and also for
responding to a request gradually, starting when part of web page is
already ready, without waiting that a complete page is done. This will
improve user perception of responsiveness of web apps.
2. More optimizations of input streaming;
3. Testing, testing testing!
New beta of Swazoo is available on:
- Squeak: on SqueakSource (http://www.squeaksource.com/Swazoo).
- VisualWorks: on public Store (Swazoo 2.0beta2,mivsek)
After installation you can start a simple 'Hello World' demo site.
Follow instructions on http://www.swazoo.org/installation.html and short
explanation on http://www.swazoo.org/documentation.html.
Description of streaming with example, benchmarks and development notes
is here: http://www.swazoo.org/streaming.html
I hope that you will find Swazoo useful and help us achieve its main
goal: to become a web server of choice for all dialects of Smalltalk.
maintainer of Swazoo
Smalltalk Web Application Server
More information about the Seaside