[Seaside] Logging out from a webpage

Richard K Eng richard.eng at rogers.com
Tue Jul 31 11:02:55 UTC 2007

I think I see what WAStoreTask is doing, but I still couldn't make #isolate:
work. Must be something really wonky about my program architecture.

Anyway, #expire works quite nicely, so I'll go with that.

Thanks for the tip.

Regards,
Richard

------------------
> Actually, the #isolate: method is in WAComponent. I can¹t find any
> documentation for it. Looking at the code, I tried to infer the correct
> usage, but I can¹t get it to work.
>
> I tried sending the message to the object representing the previous page
> *at
> the time of logout*. No go. (The method requires a block as an argument
> but
> I have no idea what this block is for, so I passed an empty block.)
>
> Can someone explain the correct usage of #isolate: ? When to send the
> message? To what object is the message sent? And what's the block argument
> for?

Have you looked at the senders like WAStoreTask >> #go? It prevents
going into the block again with the back button once you are outside
it.

If you want to expire the whole session send #expire to the session.

Cheers
Philippe