[Seaside] Logging out from a webpage

Richard K Eng richard.eng at rogers.com
Tue Jul 31 20:42:44 UTC 2007

Yes, I saw the code. And I tried to apply it. But my situation is rather
unique, I think...

In my main login page, I have:

 loginForm := (GSLoginForm new
  onSave: [self call: GSServiceCentre new].

...as per someone's previous suggestion. This allows GSServiceCentre to
replace the entire page, rather than just the login component.

But no matter how I apply #isolate:, it just won't work. Maybe it's because
GSServiceCentre is a WAComponent, rather than a WATask, I dunno. But I think
it's more likely that I'm doing something architecturally unexpected here...

Regards,
Richard

> I think I see what WAStoreTask is doing, but I still couldn't make
> #isolate:
> work. Must be something really wonky about my program architecture.
>
> Anyway, #expire works quite nicely, so I'll go with that.

Have a look at our first Seaside paper. As far as I remember it deeply
discusses the use of #isolate:

http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/Archive/Papers/Duca04eSeaside.pdf

Cheers,
Lukas