[Seaside] REST-ful urls

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 16:38:38 UTC 2007

> I have been looking through the codebase, trying to find where I can
> update the url value to keep the original value but have not been able
> to find anything of particular use.

To update the url look for #updateUrl: Sorry, I couldn't resist ;-)

> Currently I am using the override of #initialRequest: on my root
> component to decipher the url and depict which process I am to invoke
> for the page. This works fine, with the exception of the url reverting.

Have a look at other implementors of #initialRequest:, they mostly
also implement #updateRoot: in a appropriate way. For example
WABrowser does so and comes with Seaside.

<advert >There is also Pier that allows you to put content, files,
Seaside components (such as a ready made blog) and Seaside
applications at RESTful URLs without writing a single line of
code.</advert>

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli