[Seaside] Server sizing - 100 concurrent users

Avi Bryant avi at dabbledb.com
Fri Jun 1 17:35:59 UTC 2007

On 6/1/07, Edward Stow <ed.stow at gmail.com> wrote:

> So the limitations are that the server will be linux distribution.  I
> would like to know if their are any known issues with RedHat / CentOS.

Dabble DB runs on dual xeons running CentOS.

> Memory,  the client specifies that we have capacity for 100 concurrent
> user sessions.
>
> To handle 100 sessions, I assume that we will need the type of
> configuration used for
> DabbleDB - Apache load balancer, multiple images, etc.

Yep, I would split that into 10-20 VMs, which, even with just 2GB of
RAM in the server, gives you up to 100MB for each of them, which
should be plenty.

> Any known issues with 64 bit chips for the VM?

No, it's sometimes difficult to build a VM on a 64 bit distro, but if
you build the binary elsewhere it runs just fine.

Avi