[Seaside] Server sizing - 100 concurrent users

Edward Stow ed.stow at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 03:32:48 UTC 2007

Avi

Thanks for the reply -- I however have just re-read my clients
requirements and the *mininum* number of concurrent users is100 so the
max could be a lot more.

So I need to assumen that the maximum number of concurrent user
sessions was 500 or even 1000.  Is their any experience with running
this number of users with Seaside and if so what specification
machine?

I point out the application is fairly simple - no database requirement
or concurrent access to data among the user sessions.

On 02/06/07, Avi Bryant <avi at dabbledb.com> wrote:
> On 6/1/07, Edward Stow <ed.stow at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > So the limitations are that the server will be linux distribution.  I
> > would like to know if their are any known issues with RedHat / CentOS.
>
> Dabble DB runs on dual xeons running CentOS.
>
> > Memory,  the client specifies that we have capacity for 100 concurrent
> > user sessions.
> >
> > To handle 100 sessions, I assume that we will need the type of
> > configuration used for
> > DabbleDB - Apache load balancer, multiple images, etc.
>
> Yep, I would split that into 10-20 VMs, which, even with just 2GB of
> RAM in the server, gives you up to 100MB for each of them, which
> should be plenty.
>
> > Any known issues with 64 bit chips for the VM?
>
> No, it's sometimes difficult to build a VM on a 64 bit distro, but if
> you build the binary elsewhere it runs just fine.
>
> Avi

Edward Stow