[Seaside] WAComponent callbacks, continuations and #children

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 14:35:22 UTC 2007

> 1. How would Stage2 component maintain a reference to Stage 1?

Are you backtracking the state? In Seaside 2.7 by using
#registerObjectForBacktracking: and in Seaside 2.8 by implementing
#states.

> 2. How can I provide that reference in Stage2>>>#children without
> entering a circular reference, because Stage2 must be referenced by
> Stage1>>>#children?
>
> Apologies for the poor explanation, it is a difficult one for me to explain.

I don't understand your second point. As long as you don't run into
infinite loops circular references should be no problem (except for
the reusability).

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli