[Seaside] Receiving the Answer of a Child Component?

Michael Gorsuch michael.gorsuch at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 17:16:46 UTC 2007

Newbie alert, folks.

My root component is a subclass of WATask (named GHStart), and the
first move in my workflow is basically this:

user := self call: (GHWelcome new)

GHWelcome renders two child component: one that allows users to
register, and one that allows them to login.  Might as well serve both
on one page, right?

So, the essence of my problem:  when a user logs in or creates a new
account, those child components need to return the user object,
causing the GHWelcome instance to #answer the originating #call from
the instance of GHStart.

Any ideas as to how I can do this?  Please be gentle, as I am rather
new to Smalltalk in general (I hail from Ruby).  There might already
be a tutorial that I am missing, or this may have already been
answered on the list before, I just don't know the right thing to
search for.

It seem inappropriate to have the children talk to the parent,
GHWelcome, as that pretty much throws the idea of reusability out the
window...

Thanks,

Michael Gorsuch

--
Styled Bits 2.0: They're Mostly Broken, But I Try
http://www.styledbits.com