[Seaside] Re: Problem with Scriptaculous

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 13:36:30 UTC 2007

> 2. You can improve the performance of your example by combining the
> two #updater together. The first of your #updater is not really an
> #updater, it does not update anything. The #requestor would do here as
> well. I suggest to combine them to something like:
>
>     html updater
>          id: 'co-ordinates';
>          callback: [ :v | ... ] value: ...;
>          callback: [ :v | ... ] value: ...;
>          callback: [ :v | ... ] value: ...;
>          callback: [ :v | ... ] value: ...;
>          on: #renderCoordinatesOn: of: self

Sorry, I just noticed that this is even required to make it correct.
Since all AJAX actions are synchronous (the A in AJAX), there is no
guarantee that the first #updater will finish before the second one.
So you have to combine the two into one, or use the completion event
of the first to trigger the second.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli