[Seaside] 32bit clean VM work.

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Jun 11 05:42:11 UTC 2007

Well if someone compiles them up for a unix system of your choice
that would be the first step.  Then likely a server image using 1-2GB
of smalltalk memory would be helpful. We do need to testing the 64bit
version, same needs apply, mind to test the 0x8000000000000000
boundary as mentioned in my notes to the squeak-vm-dev list we need
to run a testing VM with a mmap non-zero starting value.

On Jun 10, 2007, at 8:55 PM, Avi Bryant wrote:

> On 6/9/07, John M McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> wrote:
>> Some of you might know that David T. Lewis has been working on
>> changes to the VM source to make it work fully within 32 or 64 bit
>> address spaces.
>
> Hooray!
>
> What's the status of these changes for the Unix VM?  If there's
> anything I can do to help test them let me know.
>
> Avi

===