[Seaside] "Element.extend is not a function" anybody?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 17:50:34 UTC 2007

>     I've found that it seems to be related to the onLoad method invocation.
> Somebody can confirm me if the onLoad event is triggered before or after the
> scripts of the page can be used (invoke it's objects, etc)?
>
>     If I don't call objects on the onLoad (of the page, the one that is in
> the script part of <BODY>) then the error don't happen but I'm unable to
> understand exactly why it's behavior is that,

Generally onLoad should be only evaluate when everything has been
loaded, there are some browser that don't support this event properly
though.

   http://www.quirksmode.org/js/events_compinfo.html
   http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/DOM:window.onload

Are you sure that the load order of your Javascript code is correct?

Sometimes it helps to delay the execution of some events a little bit,
to make sure everything has settled.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli